PCGC - General information
PCGC - GENERAL INFORMATION
We are a student service unit that gives psychological counseling and guidance services and psychiatric-psychological treatment at METU Medical Center.
Our purpose is to help the students to develop in terms of mental, emotional, and social at the highest level. In addition, some preventive workings are conducted about the students' problems that may arise in the process of learning.
- All psychological interviews are kept as secret in the frame of ethics.
- The information about the patients cannot be shared with any person (including the patients' family) and institutions without the permission of the patients.
- We always have respect for individual differences.
- The patients always are venerable without looking their individual properties.
Programs and Interviews:
- Communication and Conflict Resolution,
- Emotional Relationship Models,
- Problem-Solving Skills,
- Time Management and Procrastination
- Depression Coping Strategies
and so on. in those subjects, the people are informed.
Over a period of two hours, we give the chance of taking information and making applications to the students and personnel in groups of about 20 people.
We are conducting the group working about ;
- Organizing the information (and taking notes) methods,
- Coping with feelings of rejection and only staying,
and so on.
We give the chance that the person shares her/his private problems or developmental problems with the professional psychologists in a safe environment. Together with the applicants, the targets for getting rid of the individual problems are determined and a collaborative study is carried out to reach those targets. If they need, we provide the applicants with interviewing another specialist or institution.
After pre-interview, everybody can be a group member. Then, the applicants can understand their own interior, ways of life, and relations with the groups of 8 - 15 people. Applications can also activate their own inner world and the relationships change.
- Affective Disorders,
- Neurotic Disorders,
- Psychosomatic Disorders,
- Personality Disorders,
and so on.
The disorders in the above are diagnosed, treated, and followed up by psychiatrists.
We may apply various psychological tests to give an opportunity to the patients to take sufficient information about the specialist if it is needed.